Monday, January 7, 2013

Tame your Maine: Macadamia Oil Treatment

It's been habit to  for me to read blogs I'm subscribed to the moment I go online and I got the chance to read about Chryselle Sy's review on Macadamia Nut Oil treatment that she had at Straight and Smooth Salon. You can read and follow her blog here (http://chrisellesy.com/2012/11/15/straight-smooth-salon-macadamia-nut-oil/). My hair is curly like hers. It's also chemically treated, prone to hair fall as my hair is very sensitive to hair care products not to mention very dry. 

Macadamia Nut Oil treatment appealed to me because according to her post it's very beneficial to people w/ curly hair and more easily absorbed into the skin and hair due to its resemblance to our body's natural oil. It also helps extend the life of hair color! 

Straight and Smooth Salon is too far from our place, but since I really needed a product to put my dry hair dilemma at bay, I decided to look for a conditioner infused w/ Macadamia Nut Oil. I found a few at Watson's and decided to pick this one.



Hair Treats in Macadamia
Net Wt. 250g 
Price: P74.00

Product says...
A more natural way to revive full bodied and nourished hair, leaving hair soft, shiny and manageable.

How to use:
After shampooing, massage hair treats Macadamia Hair Spa thoroughly onto hair and work evenly through ends. Leave on your scalp for 15 minutes using a shower cap or steamer. Rinse well and style as desired.

What I think...
I used this product for about a month before I could write this post and I must say the product is very moisturizing and the scent can last up to 2 days. Rinses very well and does not leave a sticky feel on my scalp and hair. I also love that this product didn't cause much hair fall.  The consistency is not too thick unlike any other conditioning treatments. Not bad for a drugstore brand.

Pros..
-Very affordable
-It has a Coconut-y  scent  w/c i love.
-Very moisturizing

Cons...
-Nothing really, let's just say the quality of the product corresponds w/ the price. But not bad at all.

To whom this product is recommended?
To people w/ extremely dry, chemically treated, curly hair.

Will I repurchace?
No. There are a lot of brands out there that I still like to try.





Have you tried this product? Or any hair care w/ Macadamia Nut Oil?  


Thank you all for reading! And have a nice day!




2 comments:

  1. I bet this smells amazing too. I just love macadamia oil treatment. Jamaican Black Castor Oil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does! It has a coconut-y scent w/c I really like :) Follow me dear? Thanks in advance!

      Delete